Objective: Setup an email notification from SCOM about a Live Maps service alert.
This scenario has three steps:
- Create a SMTP channel that formats and sends the service alert emails
- Create a valid Subscriber that will receive the service alert emails
- Create a Subscription that scopes the service alert emails
5. Enter a Channel Name and Description. (Like SMTP Channel - Live Maps Service Alerts), then click Next.
6. On Settings, click Add..
7. Enter in a valid SMTP server, port and type of Authentication, then click on OK.
8. Add a Return address, then click Next
9. On the Format Tab, make the following changes.
- Email subject
Service Alert: $Data[Default='Not Present']/Context/DataItem/ManagedEntityDisplayName$ - $Data[Default='Not Present']/Context/DataItem/AlertName$ - Status: $Data[Default='Not Present']/Context/DataItem/ResolutionStateName$
- Email message
Alert: $Data[Default='Not Present']/Context/DataItem/AlertName$
Service: $Data[Default='Not Present']/Context/DataItem/ManagedEntityDisplayName$
Status: $Data[Default='Not Present']/Context/DataItem/ResolutionStateName$
Last modified time: $Data[Default='Not Present']/Context/DataItem/LastModifiedLocal$
Alert description: $Data[Default='Not Present']/Context/DataItem/AlertDescription$
If connecting to the Live Maps Web Console add this line:
Open service map: http://192.168.1.130:52909/default.aspx?moid=$Data[Default='Not Present']/Context/DataItem/ManagedEntity$
If connecting to the Live Maps Unity Portal add this line:
Open service map: http://192.168.1.130/livemapsunityportal/BusinessServices/ServiceMap/$Data[Default='Not Present']/Context/DataItem/ManagedEntity$
- Replace the URL above with a valid URL for your Live Maps Web Console including port number.
10. Click Finish
11. After it is done saving the channel, you will see an indication that the channel was saved successfully. Click Close.
Create a Subscriber
1. Select Subscribers, In the same area under, Administration, Notifications.
2. Right click on Subscribers, and select New subscriber...
3. After the Notification Subscriber Wizard opens, Enter in a Subscriber Name. This is a friendly name to for your reference. Then click Next.
4. Set the schedule you would like notification sent, then click Next.
5. On the Addresses Tab click Add. The Subscriber Address will launch.
6. Give a friendly name for the Address name, then click Next
7. On the Channel Tab, Change the Channel type to E-Mail (SMTP), Enter the delivery address for the selected channel, Then click Next
8. Set the schedule for this particular email address. SCOM gives you the ability to have use different email addresses depending on the day and time. Click Finish.
9. Steps 5- 8 can be repeated to add multiple email addresses.
10. When you have completed added in the email addresses you want to get alerted, Click on Finish.
11. SCOM will save the subscriber and indicate when it is successful. Click Close.
Create a Subscription
1. Select Subscriptions, In the same area under, Administration, Notifications.
2. Right Click on Subscriptions and select New subscription. This will open up the Notification Subscription wizard.
3. In the Description section, Enter a Subscription name, like Live Maps Service Alert Subscription, then click Next.
4. In the Criteria, select "created by specific rules or monitors (e.g., sources), then click the "specific" hyperlink in the Criteria description.
5. On the Monitor and Rule Search, Select the "Savision LiveMaps Service Library"
6. Click Search
7. Select all monitors in the Available rules and monitors section and click Add.
8. Click OK on the Monitor and Rule Search after all monitors have been added.
9. Click Next.
10. In the Subscribers section, Click Add... This will launch the Subscriber Search wizard.
11. Click Search to see all Available subscribers (or add a filter and then click Search).
12. Select the subscriber created in earlier steps, and click Add.. and then OK once you have added all the subscribers you want to add.
13. Click Next
14. On the Channels section, click Add... This will launch a Channel Search Wizard.
15. Click Search to see all Channels (or add a filter and then click Search).
16. Select the Channel created in the earlier steps, Click Add.. and then OK once you have added all the Channels you want to add.
17. You can add a delay if you wish, Once you are satisfied click Next to go to the Summary.
18. Click Finish
19. SCOM will save the Notification Subscription and indicate when it is successful. Click Close.